Friday, October 3, 2008

Bravery and Uncertainty

I found something rather amusing yesterday about "A man who punched a shark to save his dog". I actually thought it was some kind of joke but it turns out to be true and only happened rather recently. Kinda irony how the world produce surprises from time to time. I even thought it was a typo or misplaced words where it should sound "A dog bite a shark to save his master". Haha. The dog is under care right now and despite heavy laceration at the back of the dog, it is okay. The man actually describes the shark's body is like a concrete when he punched it. Don't ask me how they both survive thereafter cause its not stated. Haha.
You can read more by simply just type out "man+punch+shark+dog" in Google as its all over the news.

And this paragraph onwards will be my ranting again for the day. :P
I hate uncertainty and doubts. That probably explains why I planned everything in my life before i do it(at least those stuffs i deemed important..). I have been planning my life since i was form five or so. Get a degree as a backup before applying for cadet pilot at Singapore. Yes, true, a lot will raise the question of why not join the *I cannot tell here airline* straight after SPM. If given the chance and options, will you work hard to eat Jogoya or will you settle for some sushi sold at Jaya Jusco supermarket? Or will you work hard just to get something you really want or something for something lesser? I've known people from both side of the world(thinking wise) and i understand as well as accept their mindset. I'm not a spoilt-brat myself as I don't fancy nice stuffs all the time(that makes the Jogoya example not suitable for me :P). I'm born and taught to work for what I want. No offense to that particular airline but I would prefer joining Singapore Airline.

BUT what if everything doesn't turn up according to plan? Don't get me wrong. I'm an optimistic type of guy but i do prepare for the worse. True, i do have a backup plan but how much do i really wanna go down that backup road? I've "experienced" taking this backup route before because i did look for engineering job before there was this intake from SIA. I do realized then how much I want to become a pilot and how much i don't like taking this backup route. And there, i went through the first and second interviews which i actually thought i did not do so well. But thank you to *up there*(I'm an agnostic) and SIA for believing in me, at least till now. So i went for the medical check-up and here comes another uncertainty for me. Since SIA has not offered me a contract yet for they need at least a month or two to pass the medical report and apply the employment pass, it has create a certain uncertainty in me. I even heard that some actually only got called up after half a year. So, do i wait or do i work? As the call will come all of the sudden and i need time to settle everything even if i work as free-lance.

That's one of the uncertainty that i worried least. What about if they, SIA don't approve of me? The thing is i can't really do anything other than wait for their news. As these generates even more doubts for me in my life. Do i sell my car now or do i do it when i get the offer? Can i sell it in time before heading for the training? And what about stuffs at home. Do i pack it properly so that constant cleaning aren't needed? And of course a few minor things where moving of those item is involved. Its like all these actually stresses me out this few weeks. Yes, i'm glad it has come down to this but i really wish it'll be at most a 2 months process(that i got offer from them) and not half a year thing.

And of course, my gf. There's so many clouds and doubts that were cast on us now. I didn't know whether this contribute to a certain strain in our relationship but i know you did realized it too. You are a smart and matured girl(that is why i love you so much), and i really hope you understand how much all these means to me so, please...let the future decides the future and let us both appreciate the time we are left with now. Afterall, its the memory and process that counts.

Feels much better now and my next post will probably on judging other people. If you think you'll get offended, then don't read, as i won't put up the real name up anyway. I do feel its a good way of improving oneself when being judge but if any of you are incompetent or easily get offended, then please avoid my next post. Thank you.

No comments: